TOKYO – December 3, 2018 –
Today, we announce our plan to change our company name to Dynabook Inc. effective January 1, 2019.
As an industry leader, we have launched the world’s first laptop computer –T1100 in 1985 and followed it up with the world’s first notebook computer1
– the Dynabook J-3100 SS001 in 1989. These two portable computing innovations allowed people to safely and securely work anywhere they wanted and defined today’s mobile computing market.
Ever since, we have been delivering award winning innovative products and services that integrate the latest technology and design, whilst delivering outstanding quality and reliability. We are committed to continue to deliver new added value through “Dynabook Inc.”. Through integration of products in varied business domains of the group, we will evolve into a new business that will offer our customers creative and innovative products and services with new added-value. We look forward to future growth and success that will be delivered within a new, dynamic and fresh brand which embodies the concept of our rich heritage.
Changing the world through Computing and Services
Along with the new company name, Dynabook Inc. will adopt a new vision of “Changing the World through Computing and Services.” The company will strengthen its technology and invest in developing the business globally and deliver “user friendly, society supportive and true computing solutions” as well as “new value-added services”. Through these, we will work as our next challenge to propose a more pleasant society by improving our customers’ computing experiences and productivity.
(1) New Company name: Dynabook Inc.
(2) Effective as of January 1, 2019
(3) Address: 6-15, Toyosu 5-Chome, Koto-ku, Tokyo Japan
(4) Business: Engineering, manufacturing, sales, service and support of PCs and solutions in the global market.
(5) Management Representatives:Yoshihisa Ishida, Representative Director, Chairman
Kiyofumi Kakudo, Representative Director, President & CEO
(6) Capitalization: 17.16 billion Japanese yen
(7) Established: September 9th, 1954
(8) Shareholders: Sharp Corporation, 80.1%; Toshiba Corporation, 19.9%
(9) Employees: 2,400
PR, Strategic Planning Division, Toshiba Client Solutions Co., Ltd.
(N.B.1. As A4 size notebook PC, based on research by Toshiba Client Solutions. Co., Ltd.)
03 dec 2018